Parentline is committed to adopting and complying with the Code of Governance. We confirm that we are committed to implementing the following principles
1. Leading our organisation by:
- Agreeing our vision, purpose and values and making sure that they remain relevant;
- Developing, resourcing, monitoring and evaluating a plan to make sure that our organisation achieves its stated purpose.
- Managing, supporting and holding to account staff, volunteers and all who act on behalf of the organisation.
2. Exercising control over our organisation by:
- Identifying and complying with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements;
- Making sure that there are appropriate internal financial and management controls;
Identifying major risks for our organisation and deciding ways of managing the risks.
3. Being transparent and accountable by:
- Identifying those who have a legitimate interest in the work of our organisation (stakeholders) and making sure that there is regular and effective communication with them about our organisation;
- Responding to stakeholders’ questions or views about the work of our organisation and how we run it;
- Encouraging and enabling the engagement of those who benefit from our organisation in the planning and decision-making of the organisation.
4. Working effectively by:
5. Behaving with integrity by:
- Making sure that our governing body, individual board members, committees, staff and volunteers understand their role, legal duties, and delegated responsibility for decision-making.
- Making sure that as a board we exercise our collective responsibility through board meetings that are efficient and effective.
- Making sure that there is suitable board recruitment, development and retirement processes in place.
- Being honest, fair and independent;
- Understanding, declaring and managing conflicts of interest and conflicts of loyalties;
- Protecting and promoting our organisation’s reputation.
We confirm that our organisation is committed to implementing the standards outlined in these principles.