Statement of Intent
Parentline is committed to adopting and complying with the Governance Code. We confirm that we are committed to implementing the following principles.
Leading our organisation by:
- Agreeing our vision, purpose and values and making sure that they remain relevant.
- Developing, resourcing, monitoring, and evaluating a plan to make sure that our organisation achieves its stated purpose.
- Managing, supporting, and holding to account staff, volunteers and all who act on behalf of the organisation.
Exercising control over our organisation by:
- Identifying and complying with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Making sure that there are appropriate internal financial and management controls.
- Identifying major risks for our organisation and deciding ways of managing those risks.
Being transparent and accountable by:
- Identifying those who have a legitimate interest in the work of our organisation (stakeholders) and making sure that there is regular and effective communication with them about our organisation.
- Responding to stakeholders' questions or views about the work of our organisation and how it is run.
Working effectively by:
- Making sure that our governing body, individual board members, committees, staff, and volunteers understand their role, legal duties, and delegated responsibility for decision-making.
- Making sure that as a board we exercise our collective responsibility through board meetings that are efficient and effective.
- Making sure that there is suitable board recruitment, development, and retirement processes in place.
Behaving with integrity by:
- Being honest, fair, and independent.
- Understanding, declaring, and managing conflicts of interest and conflicts of loyalties.
- Protecting and promoting our organisation's reputation.
We confirm that our organisation is committed to implementing the standards outlined in these principles.
This statement will form part of standing agenda items at Board meetings and will be reviewed regularly.