Statement of Intent
Parentline is committed to adopting and complying with the Code of Governance. We confirm that we are committed to implementing the following principles
1. Leading our organisation by:
- Agreeing our vision, purpose and values and making sure that they remain relevant;
- Developing, resourcing, monitoring and evaluating a plan to make sure that our organisation achieves its stated purpose.
- Managing, supporting and holding to account staff, volunteers and all who act on behalf of the organisation.
2. Exercising control over our organisation by:
- Identifying and complying with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements;
- Making sure that there are appropriate internal financial and management controls;
Identifying major risks for our organisation and deciding ways of managing the risks.
3. Being transparent and accountable by:
- Identifying those who have a legitimate interest in the work of our organisation (stakeholders) and making sure that there is regular and effective communication with them about our organisation;
- Responding to stakeholders' questions or views about the work of our organisation and how we run it;
- Encouraging and enabling the engagement of those who benefit from our organisation in the planning and decision-making of the organisation.
4. Working effectively. We do this by:
4.1 Making sure that our governing body, individual board members, committees, staff and volunteers understand their:
- legal duties, and
- delegated responsibility for decision-making;
- 4.2 Making sure that as a board we exercise our collective responsibility through board meetings that are efficient and effective;
- 4.3 Making sure that there is suitable board recruitment, development and retirement processes in place.
5. Behaving with integrity by:
- Making sure that our governing body, individual board members, committees, staff and volunteers understand their role, legal duties, and delegated responsibility for decision-making.
- Making sure that as a board we exercise our collective responsibility through board meetings that are efficient and effective.
- Making sure that there is suitable board recruitment, development and retirement processes in place.
- Being honest, fair and independent;
- Understanding, declaring and managing conflicts of interest and conflicts of loyalties;
- Protecting and promoting our organisation's reputation.
We confirm that our organisation is committed to implementing the standards outlined in these principles.